WHAT IS MENTORING?
- It is a client-specific support that mentors (CIC volunteers) offer to people from other countries, one foreigner and one volunteer work in tandem.
- It is a long-term support program that ideally continues for 6 to 12 months.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- For people from other countries who live in the Czech Republic: for children, adolescents, adults and for entire families.
- For people from other countries who live in Prague, the Central Bohemian Region (Kolín, Mladá Boleslav), Liberec Region, and Ústecký Region.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
- Improve your Czech language skills and communicate in Czech.
- Learn about Czech culture, customs, traditions, and the environment you are living in.
- Integrate into Czech society and find a meaningful pastime.
- Get better at understanding the material covered at school; study and prepare for entrance exams.
- Acquire other special skills (for example, improve your computer skills or master Microsoft Office to get a job, learn how to write a structured CV, etc.)
WHEN AND WHERE?
On a case-by-case basis, as agreed between a client (foreigner), a volunteer (mentor) and a CIC coordinator; depends on the type of mentoring as well.
Generally, these are one or two-hour long weekly meetings. The project participants meet on the CIC premises, in public spaces (libraries, parks, cafes), at client’s place, or online (Zoom, Skype, etc.)
YOU ARE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY AND WOULD LIKE A VOLUNTEER TO HELP YOU?
Please fill in this form.